Maradona hospitalised with internal bleeding
The 58-year-old was under observation on Friday at the Olivos clinic on the outskirts of Argentina's capital Buenos Aires after a routine medical check, according to the Clarin newspaper.
Doctors reportedly discovered bleeding during an endoscope, a procedure used to examine internal organs. The hospital did not immediately release details of Maradona's condition, Xinhua news agency reported.
Clarin said Maradona would require a "small operation", adding that his condition was not serious.
"To all those who are really worried about my dad I tell them that it's okay," Dalma said on Twitter. "Giani is staying there with him until he goes home. I would publish the photo they sent me but it's not my style to publish everything."
Maradona has suffered a series of health problems since ending his playing career in 1997.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Wreckage of plane carrying Argentine football star Emiliano Sala found
- Maheshwari new Special Secretary, Internal Security
- PIL seeking Election Commission officials to supervise internal polls, dismissed by court
- DoPT appoints A P Maheshwari as Special Sec internal security in Home Ministry
- Delhi HC quashes plea seeking EC supervision in political parties internal polls