Anand appointed Asian Continental Assistant to world chess body chief
FIDE President Dvorkovich has appointed three more Continental Assistants viz., former World Champion Vladimir Kramnik (for Europe), Fidel Gonzalez -- President of Venezuela Chess Federation (for Americas), and Tshepiso Lopang -- Vice President of the African Chess Confederation (for Africa).
"By virtue of these appointments, the four Continental Assistants also become councilors of the Planning and Development Commission, a new body that was created on the FIDE President's initiative that will assist national federations in chess development," the FIDE said.
"More excellent news on a New Year eve: two workd (world) chess champions, Vishy Anand and Vladimir Kramnik, have agreed to help FIDE and our chess community as President's Advosors (Advisors)! Do not worry, they are not going to quit playing chess," Dvorkovich had tweeted earlier.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Concept of development needs to be people centric says Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Suicide attack against Iran's Guards will see "unrelenting battle against terrorism"- Iran vice president
- US Vice President welcomes Poland's commitment to protect telecom sector from China
- Sustainable agriculture, 'more crop per drop' should be mantra: Vice President
- Zimbabwe's vice president receiving treatment in India-official