Minor dies in celebratory firing by father in Delhi
On December 31, New Usmanpur police station was informed that a person was shot in the area, police said.
The child was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead, the officer said.
Subsequently, a case was registered, he said.
The accused later confessed that he took the firearm from one Ravi Kashyap (21), a resident of Loni in Uttar Pradesh. He fired in the air and the bullet accidentally hit his son who was present at the celebration, the officer said.
Kashyap has also been arrested, police said, adding the weapon has been found.
PTI AMP SRY
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Man held with 15 live bullets at Delhi airport
- Bullet train: farmers hold protest demanding better compensatn
- Agri community to hold protest on Feb 8 against Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train
- Soccer-Bullet point previews of Premier League matches
- Saudi crown prince told senior aide he would go after Khashoggi "with a bullet"