Reuters People News Summary
Following is a summary of current people news briefs.
Pioneering Southwest Airlines co-founder Herb Kelleher dies at 87
Herb Kelleher, who co-founded pioneering low-cost carrier Southwest Airlines Co and built it into an industry powerhouse stamped with his colorful, unconventional personality, died on Thursday at age 87, the U.S. carrier said. Kelleher set up Southwest with Rollin King more than 50 years ago, with the airline making its first flight in June 1971. King died in 2014, aged 83.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- China downplays reports of deal with Pakistan to provide powerful aircraft carrier
- China caught unaware of government's plan to sell aircraft carrier to Pakistan
- UK to send its largest, most powerful aircraft carrier to Pacific: DefMin
- Huawei mocks New Zealand's decision to ban it from 5G Carriers in country
- UK finance minister forced to cancel trip to China over Aircraft Carrier issue