Officials: No tsunami expected from earthquake near Alaska
The US Tsunami Warning System says the 6.0-magnitude quake struck just before 10 am Saturday about 90 miles (145 kilometers) southwest of the town of Adak on Adak Island. Several hundred people live in the town.
Large earthquakes can cause tsunamis that can travel hundreds of miles.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Arrested former officials appear in Pretoria Commercial Crimes Court
- PIL seeking Election Commission officials to supervise internal polls, dismissed by court
- India, New Zealand vow to improve ties after meeting between top officials
- India, Nepal officials to discuss bilateral issues to reduce trade deficit
- Japanese delegation meets Telangana officials to discuss waste incineration plant