Tennis-Pliskova fights back to win Brisbane International
Tsurenko served for the match at 5-3 in the second set but the tall Czech drew on all her experience to overcome her dogged opponent and regain the title she won at the Queesnland Tennis Centre two years ago.
The Ukrainian took an injury time out after rolling her ankle while being broken in the first game of the third set and was powerless to prevent the world number eight from storming to her 12th career title.
Japan's Kei Nishikori takes on Russia's Daniil Medvedev in the men's final later on Sunday looking for his first ATP title in nearly three years. (Writing by Nick Mulvenney, editing by John O'Brien)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- China-US trade deal would send "positive signal" to world: Xi to Trump
- India leading world in mobile data consumption; mobile
- India fastest growing major economy in world: FinMin Goyal
- Upsurge in AI patent applications shows it could soon revolutionize tech world
- Nearly 4.2 mln people around world die every year within 30 days after surgery