Chitram villagers pledges to implement schemes of Jharkhand government
The people of the tribal village have also recently demolished the 'Pathalgarhi' slab installed in the village.
The gram sabha of the village at a meeting held on July 12 said that the new form of 'Pathalgarhi' was misguiding the Adivasi culture and tradition of the people by explaining the Constitution in a wrong manner, an official release said.
"The new form of Pathalgarhi was depriving the villagers from the benefits of government schemes, education, health and other development works. "Besides, Pathalgarhi has also distanced the villagers from the district administration," it said.
'Pathalgarhi' is reportedly a practice in which villagers inscribe various tenets on huge stone slabs and ban outsiders in the area. The gram sabha also decided to observe 'Pathalgarhi' in its traditional form and socially and culturally, the release said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Pakistan plans to form govt agency to promote it as tourist-friendly nation
- Falcons CB Alford announces his release
- Falcons release CB Alford
- ANALYSIS-Hammer and pickle: Vietnam-style reform would mean big changes for North Korea
- Strides Pharma gets EIR from USFDA for its formulations facility in Bangalore