Capitals re-sign Madison Bowey for two years, USD 2 mn
Bowey, 23, made $902,500 last season in the final year of his entry-level deal and did not elect arbitration this summer.
He tallied 12 assists and averaged 13 minutes, 43 seconds of ice time in 51 games, his first NHL action since the Capitals took him in the second round of the 2013 draft. He was a healthy scratch throughout the team's playoff run to the Stanley Cup title.
He is expected to take a larger role this season after Brooks Orpik was traded, although Orpik could be brought back at a lower price after he was bought out by the Colorado Avalanche after the trade.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- NHL roundup: Rask helps Bruins solve Capitals
- MG Motor India ropes in SBI to facilitate financing for dealers
- African Mining Indaba 2019 brings over 750 investors, dealmakers in Cape Town
- Andhra government signs deal with Anil Kumble's management firm TENVIC
- Honda Cars with Rs 270 cr investment to change face of the dealership