Dr Reddy's to launch OTC acid reflux treatment drug in US market
Esomeprazole Magnesium Delayed-Release Capsules USP, 20 mg is an over-the counter (OTC) therapeutic equivalent generic version of Nexium 24 hour capsules.
"This launch continues to demonstrate our deep R&D and manufacturing capabilities to bring newer store-brand OTC medications to the market," Dr Reddy's Laboratories Vice President and Head, US OTC and Speciality Rx businesses, Milan Kalawadia said.
Quoting IRI data, the company said the combined market of Nexium 24 hour capsules and private label OTC Esomeprazole Magnesium products had US sales of approximately USD 311 million for the most recent 12 months ending in May 2018.
DRL shares were trading 1.61 per cent up at Rs 2,063.55 apiece on the BSE.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Social protection benefits help children realize their full potential: UN
- Dollar holds mostly steady ahead of Trump's SOTU Address, draws support from euro
- Ex-Uber driver awarded life term for killing six people in Michigan in 2016
- Trump to use his SOTU address to call for revamping US immigration laws
- Americans paying more than other countries for prescription drugs: Trump