Syrian governor expects insurgent evacuation today
The governor of Syria's Quneitra province said he expected the evacuation of insurgents to start on Friday.
"We are ready to move the militants out of the area, and if it is completed, we will immediately provide the necessary services to residents, including electricity and water," Quneitra Governor Hammam Dbayat told Reuters on Friday.
"We are awaiting the start of the operation and God willing it will happen today," he added.
Dbayat said it remained unclear exactly how many fighters would leave, but the government had so far prepared 45 buses.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Senate breaks from Trump with Syria troop vote
- Senate nods amendment critical of Trump's Syria, Afghanistan pullouts
- INSIGHT-After deadly Syrian battle, evidence of Russian losses was obscured
- Three months after agreed safe zones in northern Syria still no concrete step taken
- Iran-Israel dispute over Syria attack intensifies after Iran threatens action