Mobile internet services suspended in Manipur for 5 days
The Manipur government has suspended mobile internet services for five days to curb rumours-mongering through spread of hate videos and messages in the state.
An order issued yesterday by Special Secretary (Home) Kh Raghumani said the step was taken to prevent spread of rumours "which might have serious repercussion for the law and order situation in the entire state of Manipur."
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Body from wreck of Sala plane taken to Britain
- Sena MP rues BJP's stepmotherly treatment, calls for introspection
- FIFA urged to step in over sexual abuse claims in Afghan women's football team
- Modi set to hold another rally as BJP steps up poll campaign
- Assocham urges RBI to step in to help large stressed companies