A query on setting up of the Kolhapur bench of the Bombay High Court
Any decision on setting up of a bench of the high court at Kolhapur or any other place would depend on recommendations of the high court concerned.
Any initiative by the Centre in this regard is not proper, he said.
Replying to a query on setting up of the Kolhapur bench of the Bombay High Court during the Question Hour, Prasad said benches whether in Kolhapur or Gujarat cannot be set up without recommendations of the high court and Supreme Court.
"In accordance with recommendations made by the Jaswant Singh Commission and judgement pronounced by the Apex Court. benches of the high court are established after due consideration of a complete proposal from the state government which is to provide infrastructure and meet the expenditure," Prasad said.
The proposal should also have the consent of the Governor of the state concerned, he said and added that at present there is no proposal from the state Government of Maharashtra for establishing a bench of the Bombay High Court at Kolhapur.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Nigeria's suspended apex court judge to appear for trial on February 13
- NRC row: Apex court refuses to extend July 31 deadline
- Supreme court reserves judgement on review petitions in Sabarimala case
- Faculty reservation system in universities to be contested by government in Supreme Court
- On abortion, Trump agenda likely leads to Supreme Court, not Congress