Global VC funding in digital health at record high of USD 4.9 bn in Jan-Jun: Report
According to communications and research firm Mercom Capital Group llc, the global VC funding of USD 4.9 billion came through 383 deals.
"The space is maturing and is beginning to get the regulatory attention it deserves. Simultaneously, the tech giants are boosting digital health in a big way," Prabhu said.
Meanwhile, the total corporate funding in digital health companies - including VC, debt, and public market financing – also touched a record high of USD 4.4 billion during April-June 2018 compared to USD 3 billion in the previous March quarter.
In terms of merger and acquisition, there were 116 global digital health M&A transactions in the first half of this year compared to 90 in the corresponding period last year.
"M&A activity was also up, and overall, it was a very robust first half of 2018 for digital health companies," Prabhu said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Merchandise exports in ongoing fiscal expected to surpass USD 314 milion
- India to cross USD 314 bn mark in exports for FY20: Official
- Suresh Prabhu informs India poised to become USD5 trillion economy by 2025
- Agriculture Export Policy's objective to increase export USD 60 billion by 2022
- Bernie Sanders to seek explanation over drug priced at USD 375 thousand