Cesc Fabregas begs Hazard to stay at Chelsea FC
During the World Cup in Russia, Hazard revealed he was considering leaving the club he had joined from Lille in 2012 but Fabregas has begged him not to go.
"I think he's our best player," Fabregas said of his team mate after reaching Perth ahead of Monday's friendly against Perth Glory.
"He's a player that we all love to play with, especially me. For us, he's our most important player.
Monday's match is Chelsea's first under new coach Maurizio Sarri, who has promised an attacking brand of football and Fabregas cannot wait to see how it unfolds.
"It's a way of football that I believe in, that I really like, that I grew up in this system," the 31-year-old said.
"For the type of player like myself, we can take a lot of advantage."
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Soccer-Hasselbaink backs Sarri to deliver success at Chelsea
- CORRECTED-Soccer-Hasselbaink backs Sarri to deliver success at Chelsea
- Soccer-Chelsea's Hazard relishing partnership with Higuain
- Soccer-Guardiola hails Aguero's big-game mentality ahead of Chelsea clash
- Unstoppable Man City trounce Chelsea; regains EPL lead