Building catches fire in Shimla; none injured
A fire that broke out in a building near a petrol pump here was put out in time today morning, officials said.
It took one-and-a-half-hours to extinguish the fire before it could spread to the nearby petrol pump and a shopping mall, the officials said, adding that the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.
Furniture and other valuables worth around Rs 2.5 lakh inside the building -- owned by petrol pump owner D D Mehta's wife, Priya Mehta -- were gutted. But property worth Rs 15 crore was saved by timely action, the fire officials said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- WB to develop third pump storage power plant at Purulia under PPP model
- Investments worth over Rs 2.50 lakh cr in thermal power projects facing stress
- Priyanka's 'roadshow' pumps energy in party worker as big challenges lies ahead
- Africa should pump out funds in human talents, pitches Bill Gates at AU Summit
- STF arrests man, recovers ancient idols worth Rs 2.5 crore