Devdiscourse
Development News Edition
Give Feedback
write for Us

Building catches fire in Shimla; none injured

A fire that broke out in a building near a petrol pump here was put out in time today morning, officials said.


PTI India
Updated: 20-07-2018 15:51 IST

A fire that broke out in a building near a petrol pump here was put out in time today morning, officials said.

As many as four fire engines and 17 fire fighters were sent to put out the blaze that started at around 9.45 am in the building in Sanjauli. No one was injured, they added.

It took one-and-a-half-hours to extinguish the fire before it could spread to the nearby petrol pump and a shopping mall, the officials said, adding that the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained.

Furniture and other valuables worth around Rs 2.5 lakh inside the building -- owned by petrol pump owner D D Mehta's wife, Priya Mehta -- were gutted. But property worth Rs 15 crore was saved by timely action, the fire officials said.

(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

COUNTRY : India

POST A COMMENT