German Chancellor Merkel aiming for decision on diesel retrofits by end-Sept
The German government did not yet have a common position on whether diesel cars needed to be retrofitted with catalysts.
Chancellor Angela Merkel on Friday said that the German government did not have a common position on whether diesel cars need to be retrofitted with catalysts but are hoping to come to a decision by this autumn.
"I've set the end of September as the target date," Merkel said, adding she wanted to avoid driving bans if possible.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Highway collapse in Bolivian capital claims 11 lives, 20 injured
- Report: Raiders eye S.F. Giants' stadium in 2019
- New Zealand opener Guptill ruled out for upcoming T20 series against India
- Number of building consents for new dwellings reaches 32,996 in 2018
- Govt fiscal deficit to come in at 3.6 pct of GDP in FY 2019-20: Fitch Solutions