Formula One tender aims for low-profile tyres in 2021
Formula One has published a tender which would see the sport switch to lower-profile tyres from 2021.
Previous attempts to get rid of the warmers have failed due to safety concerns but the aim is for the new specification tyres to overcome that problem.
Pirelli are the current sole supplier and any company seeking to replace them faces the added cost of having to design one type for 2020 and then a new one for the following three years.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Cricket-Fiery Starc strikes twice to leave Sri Lanka reeling
- Rugby-Scotland start brightly but leave coach with mixed emotions
- ICAR leaves 2500-plus seats vacant in agri universities despite candidates
- Accident-hit passengers leave for Delhi in special train
- Asian stocks stay near four-month high after Wall Street's tepid performance