Politicians should choose words carefully says German Chancellor Merkel
Merkel's government was brought to the brink of collapse this month over strident demands from her Bavarian allies that Germany's migration policy be tightened up.efully
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that the row within her conservative party alliance on migration policy is very necessary but also has warned that the politicians should take care to avoid being excessively confrontational.
"Language is an expression of thought, and so one has to be very cautious," she said. "But reconciliation within a society can only be achieved by talking about differences of opinion. But the style of that discussion could be improved."
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Hawaii's new Bill calls for raising cigarette-buying age to 30 by 2020, 100 by 2024
- SC may require personal appearance of WB chief secy, DGP, Kolkata CP on Feb 20
- Saradha scam: SC seeks Kolkata Police chief's response before February 20
- SC secy to inform on Feb 19 whether WB chief secretary, DGP, Kolkata CP are required to be present on Feb 20
- EY Announces 16 Finalists for the 20th EY Entrepreneur of the Year™ Awards Program