Case of molestation registered against a priest attached to famous Mangueshi temple
The centuries-old Mangueshi temple, situated at Priol, 21 km from Panaji, attracts visitors from India as well as abroad.
A case of molestation has been registered against a priest attached to the famous Mangueshi temple after a Mumbai-based woman filed a complaint. Deputy Superintendent of Police (Ponda) Mahesh Gaonkar said an FIR under section 354 (molestation) of IPC was registered against the priest Dhananjay Bhave yesterday after the woman filed a complaint through e-mail.
After the inquiry, the committee said it did not find any "dependable evidence" against the priest, and asked the woman to approach the appropriate authority as the matter was beyond its scope. The accused has not been arrested yet.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Advocate Prasaran seeks setting aside of verdict allowing women of all ages into Sabarimala temple
- UPDATE 4-Arizona nurse pleads not guilty to raping disabled woman who gave birth
- Hindu temple vandalised in Pakistan's Sindh, PM Khan orders swift action
- SC seeks Prashant Bhushan's response on contempt petition filed by AG Venugopal, Centre
- Lawsuit filed against Apple for forcing users to repeatedly buy new chargers