Family of four buried alive in landslide
A Nepalese labourer and her child were killed today when the rubble from a landslide fell over their tin shed in Joshimath area of Chamoli district, authorities said.
The woman's husband and another child were still missing.
The landslide occurred between Juma and Bhapkund near the border village of Jhelum at around 6 am, he said.
Tamak, a stream in the district which was in spate following heavy rains, had also damaged the Joshimath-Malari border road and a few residential houses.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- JK plight continues as Jammu-Srinagar highway blocked for 4th consecutive day
- Hitler paintings auction in Nuremberg creates outcry, mayor Maly condemns event
- This Valentine’s Choose to be #Equalsinlove with Platinum Love Bands
- Continuing violence in Myanmar with civilians forced to flee into Bangladesh
- ED continues questioning Vadra for 3rd consecutive day