Birla will raise cement manufacturing capacity to 20 mtpa
Presently, the total manufacturing capacity after acquisition of Reliance Cement is 12.5 mt, chairman of Birla Corporation Harsh Lodha said.
Presently, the total manufacturing capacity after acquisition of Reliance Cement is 12.5 mt, chairman of Birla Corporation Harsh Lodha said. "We will take approval from the board for expansion of capacity both through brownfield expansion and creating of capacities in new locations", Lodha told reporters after the company's AGM here today.
Lodha said the company was having land in some locations, but declined to divulge the names of the places.
He said the cost of setting up a one mt plant at present was Rs 800 crore without land. Birla Corporation, he said, was having good market share in the central region of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh in the north.
The company would also focus on selling premium products in some select markets like the eastern region, he told shareholders earlier.
The jute business was making profits, he said. Lodha said although input costs had gone up, cement prices remained flat in the last five to seven years.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Venezuela's Guaido has capacity, legitimacy to organise new elections: French FM
- Dollar firms against yen following strong US jobs, manufacturing data
- JSW Cement to increase Salboni plant capacity
- African Road Safety Leadership Program to boost capacity in safety challenges
- GSAT-31 communication satellite to augment Ku-band transponder capacity