2 female teachers get prison terms for sexual assault on 5-year-old girl
Special POCSO judge Ravindra Nath Tripathi had convicted the two teachers-- Nutan Joseph and Indu Anand .
Special POCSO judge Ravindra Nath Tripathi had convicted the two teachers-- Nutan Joseph and Indu Anand -- on July 11, Special Public Prosecutor Suresh Chandra Prasad said, adding the quantum of punishment was announced today.
The teachers, who have been found guilty under various sections of the IPC and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, have also been slapped with a fine of Rs 20,000 each, Prasad added.
An FIR was lodged against the two teachers with the Mahila Thana here by the parents of the five-year-old girl in November, 2016 and they were arrested that month itself. According to the FIR, the parents alleged that the two asked their 5-year-old girl to undress in a classroom and then sexually assaulted her.
A medical test conducted on the minor also confirmed the assault.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UPDATE 1-Four Libyan soldiers die in first clash of force's southward push
- Cricket-Australia declare first innings on 534-5 against Sri Lanka
- French priest jailed for sexual abuse
- More trouble for California as storm triggers evacuations after wildfires
- Android users stunned by random retweets in timeline; Twitter confirms bug