Two drown in separate incidents in Rajasthan
The body of the five-year-old was fished out around noon after a search operation was carried out by the residents and police personnel.
In the first incident, two sisters, Sapna Kanwar (9) and Apna Kanwar (5), fell into Aru river, between Sawanbhado-Jugalpura villages, while they were playing on the bank and were swept away by strong current, Assistant Sub Inspector at Kanwas police station Ramesh Chand said.
Sapna was rescued by the villagers and her family, but Apna was swept away into deep waters, he added.
The deceased's body was handed over to the family after a post-mortem examination and a case has been registered under section 174 (suspicious death) of the CrPC, the ASI said.
Villagers managed to rescue three shepherds, while the fourth, identified as Raghuveer Kushwa (30), slipped into deep water and his body has not been traced so far, Station House Officer of Anta police station Ramanand Yadav said.
An operation by the State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) to trace the body of the fourth shepherd is underway, he said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UPDATE 2-Body from plane wreckage identified as footballer Sala - UK police
- Body of missing Argentine football star Sala identified from plane wreck
- Body recovered from Channel wreckage identified as footballer Emiliano Sala
- Will expose everybody in Bollywood: Kangana Ranaut
- Bareilly “Nikah-Halala” type incidents ought to be made unconstitutional: Jaitley