Youth arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor boys at orphanage
Jose Maveli, director of the Janaseva Sisubhavan at Aluva and an employee were also arrested for allegedly covering up the sexual assault, crime branch officials said.
They have been charged under various sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and Juvenile Justice Act, they said. Officials probing the case said the incident came to light when they met the children as they visited the orphanage as part of investigation into another case.
Based on the statements of two minor boys, the teenager was booked for committing the offence, they said. Maveli and the employee were booked for not informing childline or police about the incident after they came to know about it, they added.
The children had informed the police that Maveli and the employee were aware of the ordeal they underwent at the youth's hands.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Delhi govt claims to rescue over 600 minors from child labour during 2018-19
- Doctor arrested for raping minor patient in Delhi
- NHRC notice to TN, police chief over complaints of sexual abuse of minor girls at shelter home
- Minor fire breaks out in Bhubaneswar Railway station
- Elderly neighbors held for sexually assaulting minor girl