Rajya Sabha chairman M Venkaiah Naidu cautions members over absence
Naidu's remarks came when member Raj Kumar Dhoot was not present when Agriculture Minister was to reply to his question during the question hour.
But in Parliament, because so much expenditure has been incurred, at least the others should get an opportunity.
"But at the same time, I would like to caution the members that this cannot go on forever. You raise a question and very rarely you get the opportunity and you do not come to the House. This is not a good thing. I hope all the Members will take note and see to it that if they file a question, they should be present in the House," Naidu said.
After that the Minister placed the reply on the table of the House.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Former law minister Nilambar Acharya appointed as Nepal's envoy to India
- Fisheries Minister releases document on changes in commercial fishing practices
- Irish minister criticizes Ireland for obstructing resolution of border issue with UK
- There may be constitutional breakdown in West Bengal: Home Minister
- Mamata Banerjee is on dharna to save herself: Union minister Javadekar