J-K govt reconstitutes panel on prevention of sexual harassment at workplaces
The government accorded sanction for the reconstitution of the Complaint Committee under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, the spokesman said.
He said secretary Higher Education Department, Sarita Chauhan, has been appointed as chairperson, while special secretary, Housing and Urban Development Department Kusum Badyal, and section officer, Industries and Commerce Department, Nuzhat Shah, as it members.
The committee should submit its report on each complaint received by it regarding sexual harassment against women employee(s) of the secretariat for consideration of the government in General Administration Department, the spokesman said.
It should also submit quarterly/annual reports about the total number of complaints received, enquired by and action taken on the same, he added.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UPDATE 1-Afghan president says his government must be 'decision-maker' in any peace deal
- Singer R. Kelly announces tour amid sexual misconduct allegations
- In touch with Indian government on 'bias' issue: Twitter
- No scheme to allot land to MLAs, says UP government amidst shortage concerns
- Over 500 Indian fishermen feared to in Pakistan's custody says government