Taking over sick Instrumentation Ltd in Palakkad, says Kerala government
The Centre was planning to privatise Hindustan News Print Factory at Vazhoor in Kottayam district, a subsidiary of Hindustan Paper Corporation, the Minister said.
Kerala government today said it was taking over the sick Instrumentation Limited in Palakkad, which the Centre had planned to shut down after the control valve manufacturing company began to incur losses from 1993.
The order for the take-over of the public sector undertaking with its headquarters in Kota, Rajasthan, was issued following a decision of the Kerala cabinet chaired by Chief Minister of the State Pinarayi Vijayan last month.
The State government was taking over the company by paying Rs 53.02 crores to the Centre, the State Industries Minister A C Moideen said, adding that the firm would be renamed as Instrumentation Ltd-Kerala.
The Public Sector Restructuring and Internal Audit Board has been asked to take steps to form the new company, he added.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UPDATE 1-Afghan president says his government must be 'decision-maker' in any peace deal
- Centre, Naveen Patnaik govt in Odisha not working for farmers, tribals, dalits: Rahul Gandhi.
- Centre bans J-K separatist group Tahreek-ul-Mujahideen, its manifestations
- SC seeks Prashant Bhushan's response on contempt petition filed by AG Venugopal, Centre
- In touch with Indian government on 'bias' issue: Twitter