Austin Fernando to be Sri Lanka's new envoy to India
Fernando was Sirisena’s Secretary until first of this month when he resigned. His will be a political appointment outside the foreign service.
A date for Fernando's formal posting in New Delhi was not known, officials said.
He had previously served as the governor for the Eastern Province and an Advisor to the president.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- SC verdict will strengthen moral of officials: Mamata
- Kenyan officials to participate in roadshows in China to multiply investment inflows
- Apollo Tyres posts 19 percent decline to end at Rs 198 cr in quarter 3
- Tech Mahindra posts 27.5 pct profit to Rs 1,200 cr in Dec quarter FY19
- DishTV posts reduced net profit of Rs 152.7 cr for December quarter