Rahul's hug to PM was childish act: Subramanian Swamy
Modi, who initially looked nonplussed and did not stand up to hug him, recovered quickly and called Gandhi back and patted him on the back.
"It was very juvenile behaviour and if everybody starts doing so then Parliament will become a chaotic place. The Lok Sabha Speaker is right as decorum has to be maintained in the House," Swamy told reporters on the sidelines of an event.
After a no-holds barred and scathing criticism of Modi on several issues including Rafale jet deal, Congress president Rahul Gandhi walked across to the prime minister and hugged him, a gesture which took the Lok Sabha members by surprise.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Congress to file complaints over remarks targeting Priyanka Gandhi
- Priyanka Gandhi could be seen campaigning in Karnataka, says state Congress chief
- Rahul Gandhi meets students over 'Chinese dinner' to discuss issues faced by country
- Rahul Gandhi's party creating hurdles in construction of Ram Temple: Amit Shah
- Sambit Patra mocks Congress, says Gandhi family should be called as 'bail family'