Cong MLC seeks action against Patanjali over 'male child medicine'
Sale of such a remedy is against the laws which prohibit sex-determination, but no action is being taken, Congress MLC Sanjay Dutt said in the Maharashtra Legislative Council.
The medicine-- "Putra Jiwak Beej"-- is being openly sold in the market, Dutt said, demanding that its stocks be seized.
While Prime Minister Narendra Modi makes appeals for saving and educating the girl child with the 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao' (save girl child, educate girls) campaign, the BJP government allows sale of such medicines, he said.
Responding to him, Food And Drugs Minister Girish Bapat said, "Ramdev Baba is a noble man. He will not do anything which is unlawful. However, no person is above the law and inquiry will be initiated if there is anything illegal."
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- 'Jesus Christ' Parrikar row sparks political slugfest as BJP, Congress trade barbs
- Kerala Congress pitches for Oommen Chandy to stay in Assembly
- Congress to file complaints over remarks targeting Priyanka Gandhi
- Congress mulls complaints over campaign against Priyanka to make politics safer for women
- Rishi Mishra quits JD(U), joins Congress in Bihar