Government will pay the premium for crop insurance of farmers: Raghubar Das
The state government will also give seeds of pulses and oilseeds for alternative farming on subsidy, an official release said here.
Under the Prime Minister's Crop Insurance Scheme, the state government will bear the amount of premium for the share of farmers, so that more and more farmers can get benefit in dry condition, Das said while reviewing the low rainfall in the state.
Das said the state government is worried about the low rainfall and is monitoring the situation.
The state government is with the farmers and in constant touch with the Central government, he said.
It was informed in the meeting that normal rains have occurred in six districts of the state. In other districts, the rains have been less than normal, the release said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Kerala Health minister condemns endosulfan victims exhibiting their pain at Secretariat
- UK business minister says country will regret forever if it leaves EU without a deal
- Defence Minister visits Aurobindo Ashram in Pondy
- Pb minister Gurmit Sodhi expresses keenness to contest LS polls from Ferozepur
- Swine flu attack kills 9 over past week in Morocco, says Health minister