Mathura: Man plots nephew's kidnapping to escape wedding expenses
Aman was kidnapped at the behest of his maternal aunt's husband, Suresh Kumar Chand, whose daughter is getting married today, the SSP said.
Aman was playing outside his maternal aunt's house in Pushp Vihar Colony here on Wednesday afternoon when he was kidnapped, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Babloo Kumar said, adding that he was recovered today from an isolated area near the Garud Govind temple following a tip off.
Sharma hatched a plan to kidnap Aman, who had come from Ludhiana with his parents to attend the wedding, hoping that a pall of gloom would drastically cut down the number of guests, he added.
The accused roped in his brother and his sister's son to execute the plan, Kumar said.
No arrests have been made in the case so far and a manhunt is on to nab the kidnappers, he said.
The police is likely to arrest Sharma tomorrow, post his daughter's wedding.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Pakistan police raided noted academician house for participating in protest
- Kolkata Police chief Rajeev Kumar reaches Shillong for CBI questioning
- Israel Police arrest Palestinian man from suspected of killing young woman
- Jammu-Srinagar avalanche: Another body of policeman found from debris
- CBI begins quizzing Kolkata Police chief in Shillong