Not doing politics of appeasement or vote bank politics, Modi hits back at congress
Modi said the opposition, especially the Congress does not trust the Chief Justice of India, the Election Commission and the electronic voting machines.
He said the NDA government has done several things for the benefit of the people, but the opposition does not believe in the facts. "We are taking steps for doubling the income of farmers by 2022," he said.
He said "those who don't have confidence in themselves, cannot trust anyone."
On Gandhi's allegations on the Rafale aircraft deal, he said "we must abstain from making childish statements on sensitive issues."
He also termed the surgical strikes as 'jumla strikes' as an insult to the security forces.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Modi govt to shore up its political support with big announcements in its budget
- UPDATE 1-India's Modi looks to budget to shore up political base; jobs and farmers in focus
- PM Modi-led cabinet approves interim Budget 2019-20
- Narendra Modi-led government moving towards realising 'New India by 2022': FM
- Modi government reversed policy paralysis, put India back on track: Goyal