Guj HC judge recuses himself from Hardik's discharge plea hearing
Hardik Patel, convener of Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS), has sought discharge on the ground that there was no concrete evidence against him.
The case would now be assigned to another judge.
Hardik had approached the high court in April this year after a lower court in February rejected his plea seeking discharge from the sedition case, lodged by the Ahmedabad Crime Branch against him in connection with the violence during the Patidar quota agitation in August 2015.
High court granted him bail in June 2016.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Gujarat Congress MLA Asha Patel quits ahead of polls
- Need skilled, trained lawyers: Justice S K Kaul
- NFL people calling, thanking me for signing criminal justice bill: Trump
- J&K High Court Chief Justice calls for more focus on children in court rooms
- Congress approaches Unjha MLA Patel to take back resignation