Pompeo demands 'full enforcement of sanctions' on N.Korea
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo today urged UN member states to uphold tough economic sanctions on North Korea and maintain the pressure on Kim Jong Un to dismantle Pyongyang's nuclear programs.
The United States believes that North Korea can shed its "pariah" status at the United Nations, but "it will take full enforcement of sanctions for us to get there," Pompeo told reporters after meeting with the Security Council.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UAE senior diplomat denies targeting "friendly nations" in cyber hacking program
- Soccer-Man United's Martial can score 20 goals a season, says Solskjaer
- Soccer-Man United confirm Fellaini move to China's Shandong Luneng
- UPDATE 1-Rugby-Resurgent England upset Six Nations holders Ireland
- East African nations, EU turn to individual trade pacts as joint deal talks struggle