Vikhe Patil termed Monsoon session of Maharashtra legislation
Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil today termed the Monsoon session of Maharashtra legislature as a big disappointment.
Vikhe Patil spoke to media outside the House after the conclusion of the Monsoon session here today. The government's decision to hold the session in Nagpur -- usually the Winter Session is held in Nagpur -- has turned out to be a "big disappointment", the Congress leader said.
"The government does not have the courage to face farmers' agitation. Hence they are holding the Winter session in Mumbai," he said. "The government has given only assurances to the people of Vidarbha and the state and nothing else," he said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Aussie, NZ dollars hold steady on Fed's more dovish stance, trade optimism
- Fed's policy twist might seem just what WH ordered, with a hold on "loco" rate hikes
- All identified 2.5 cr unelectrifed households to be energised by March: FM
- Budget 2019: Sensex, Nifty hold on to gains
- Food shopping bills won't jump dramatically: French AgriMin tells households