Hamas, Israel agree on Gaza ceasefire: Hamas spokesman
Gaza's Islamist rulers Hamas and Israel agreed to a ceasefire today, a spokesman for the Palestinian party said, after five people including an Israeli soldier were killed.
"With international and UN efforts, we reached (an agreement) to return to the previous state of calm between the (Israeli) occupation and the Palestinian factions," Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum said in a statement.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- May objective to secure legally binding Brexit to overcome backstop: Spokesman
- UPDATE 1-Palestinians warm to Netanyahu rival, citing signs of compromise
- Israel says tank fires on Hamas after projectile fired
- Palestinian teen succumbs to injuries after Israel border fire: Gaza ministry
- Two Palestinian teens killed by Israeli fire in border clashes: Gaza ministry