Detroit Tigers put Michael Fulmer on DL, Martin returns to lineup
More than 100 former students have told investigators they were victims of sexual misconduct by a now-deceased Ohio State University doctor employed by its athletic department and medical staff for nearly two decades
The Tigers also activated outfielder Leonys Martin from the disabled list, optioned outfielder Mikie Mahtook to Triple-A Toledo and recalled pitcher Victor Alcantara from Toledo.
Fulmer was set to start Sunday against Boston, and was considered a top trade target for teams looking to add starting pitching. Now he is unlikely to be moved prior to the July 31 non-waivers trade deadline.
Fulmer, 26, was the 2016 American League Rookie of the Year and was slated to be Detroit's ace entering this season, but he has struggled for most of the season, going 3-9 with a 4.50 ERA. In his last start on Saturday against the Astros, Fulmer allowed a season-high seven earned runs on 10 hits in a loss.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UPDATE 1-Golf-Officials clarify rule after players left confused
- Only half of PAN cards linked with Aadhaar, over 23 cr still left as deadline nears
- You had left Army handicapped; it was not in a position
- Bitcoin exchange CEO had died in Jaipur, lakh customers left in lurch
- Bitcoin exchange CEO had died in Jaipur, his death left lakh customers in lurch