750 kg processed sea cucumber seized from Mandapam coast
These are in great demand in South-East Asian countries.
Processed sea cucumber weighing about 750 kg and worth around Rs 80 lakh, meant to be smuggled to Sri Lanka was seized today off Mandapam coast and three persons arrested in this connection, Marine police said.
Sea cucumbers are classified as endangered species and their harvest is banned under the Wildlife Protection Act. These are in great demand in South-East Asian countries.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- 130 students arrested so far in "pay-to-stay" sting operation: US official
- Govt to provide Rs 750 crore in FY to support animal
- Telugu poet Varavara Rao, Gadling arrested in 2016 Surjagarh mine arson case
- 130 students arrested in US immigration fraud, attorneys cry foul
- 5 arrested, juvenile apprehended for stealing cattle in north Delhi