Man wanted in murder case in Odisha caught by Himachal Pradesh Police
Malpani said that a team of the Odisha Police would soon come to Paonta Sahib to get his custody transferred to them.
Upendra Kumar, from Panipat in Haryana, was initially arrested in connection with a case of illicit liquor registered against him under the Himachal Pradesh Excise Act, 2011 on July 17, Sirmaur Superintendent of Police Rohit Malpani said.
The SP said that he was interrogated by the Paonta Sahib station house officer during his police remand till July 23, where he admitted to committing the crime four years ago.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Kolkata Police chief will have to appear before CBI at Shillong for probe: SC
- Kolkata Police chief's advocate alleges CBI's action meant to score points
- No coercive steps, including arrest of Kolkata Police chief, will take place: SC
- Saradha scam: SC seeks Kolkata Police chief's response before February 20
- Chitfund scam: Kolkata Police had provided doctored call data records, says AG