Water level in Mettur dam closes to full capacity of 120 feet
The inflow was 64,595 cusecs, resulting in increase in the level to 114.63 feet from 112 feet yesterday, they said, adding that the storage-level stood at 85.16 TMC.
Water level in Mettur dam nearing full capacity Coimbatore, Jul 21 (PTI) The water-level in Mettur Dam in nearby Salem district is inching closer to full capacity of 120 feet, with the level touching 115 feet this morning, official sources said.
The discharge from the dam, which was opened on June 19, was about 20,000 cusecs.
This would be increased in stages in another four or five days to reach the tail-end of Nagapattinam, thereby benefiting irrigation, the sources said.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- PNB reports 7.12 pct increase in Q3 net profit to Rs 246.51 crore
- Andhra Pradesh assembly presents 18 percent increased budget for 2019
- Guj: Visiting hours for Statue of Unity increased by 2 hours
- OYO firms reports marginally increased loss of Rs 360 crore in December quarter
- Germany assured NATO to increase defense spending to 1.5 pct of GDP by 2024