Margaret Thatcher's spouse not happy about McCartney visit to 10 Downing Street
Most hosts would be quite happy to have Paul McCartney come to a shindig. But that wasn't the case with Denis Thatcher in 1988 when planning a gala reception at 10 Downing Street.
In a note, he wrote that he found it "unpleasant and embarrassing to entertain those who publicly insult the PM."
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Jailed Buddhist Monk not to be released by Sri Lanka says President
- 17 Rohingya children, 8 women released after being stuck at Indo-Bangla border
- Khattar urges Kejriwal to ensure no untreated effluent released into Yamuna
- Ex-Ivory Coast President Gbagbo conditionally released to Belgium -court
- Activist Gulalai Ismail released from detention during protest in Islamabad