'Always dreamt of being on the big screen' says debutant Pihu Sand
Pihu Sand, who is making her acting debut with Anil Kapoor's "Fanney Khan", says she always dreamt of being on the big screen and worked hard to get an appropriate role to start her journey in films.
Pihu gained about 20 kgs for her role in the Atul Manjrekar-directed film, which is a story about a father who wishes to fulfil his daughter's dream of becoming a star performer while battling fat shaming.
"I have grown up watching Hindi films and have always dreamt of being on the big screen. There was an undying spirit and passion in me to achieve what I always dreamt through hard work and consistency, no matter how tough or long the journey will be.
"There are struggles and low phases in every profession and there are times you doubt yourself, but eventually your decision and love will get you where you want to be. My debut film 'Fanney Khan' sure has opened doors for me but I know I have a long way to go in achieving what I have always wanted," Pihu said in a statement.
The movie also features Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, who plays a singing sensation, and Rajkummar Rao as her love interest.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- Bengal police officer who worked under former IPS Bharati Ghosh arrested
- R.Balki one of the best directors I've worked with: Sonam
- Asian football body says it worked 'tirelessly' to free Hakeem
- UPDATE 1-Vale's safety measures have not worked, CEO says as woes grow
- He has worked tirelessly and also reached out to other political parties who share our vision of India: Sonia Gandhi on Congress chief Rahul.