Russia confirms talks with US over political crisis in Venezuela
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will discuss the situation in Venezuela later on Tuesday by phone, Lavrov said. Russia and the United States have backed opposing sides in the political turmoil in Venezuela. Washington has recognised Juan Guaido as interim president, while Moscow continues to back President Nicolas Maduro, a staunch ally.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Moscow ready to help Washington to advance peace negotiations with Taliban: Report
- UN experts criticize travel ban by Venezuela Supreme court on Juan Guaido
- Romania recognises Juan Guaido as leader of Venezuela
- Washington schools to remain close on Monday due to heavy snowstorms
- Delegation from Vatican meets Venezuela opposition leader Juan Guaido