Maha: Man dies of electrocution in Bhiwandi


PTI | Thane | Updated: 25-11-2021 16:17 IST | Created: 25-11-2021 15:57 IST
Maha: Man dies of electrocution in Bhiwandi
Representative Image Image Credit: ANI
  • Country:
  • India

A 34-year-old man died of electrocution after coming in contact with a metal sheet on which a live wire had fallen in Bhiwandi town of Maharashtra's Thane district, police said on Thursday.

The incident took place on Wednesday morning, when the victim Uddesh Manohar Tambe, who was standing at a roadside paan stall, suffered an electric shock after nearing a tin sheet on which a live wire had fallen, an official said. The man died on the spot, and his boy was taken to a government hospital for post-mortem, he said.

An offence under section 304 (A) (causing death by negligence) of the IPC has been registered against the paan stall owner, the official said.

(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Give Feedback