Death toll in IED attack on CRPF bus rises to 8; Jaish-e-Mohammed claims responsibility
At least eight CRPF personnel were killed in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district on Thursday when a blast ripped through the bus they were travelling in, officials said. The Jaish-e-Mohammed has claimed responsibility for the incident, they said. The casualties are likely to go up.
Several people were injured in the IED blast, which reduced the bus to a mangled heap of iron. The vehicle was blown up on the Srinagar-Jammu highway in Awantipora area of the district, a police official said. Further details of the incident are awaited, he added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 1-Rugby-Bastareaud back as France turn on power against England
- TN budget: 1 lakh concrete houses to replace huts in cyclone hit areas
- UPDATE 2-Rugby-Bastareaud back as France turn on power against England
- UPDATE 1-Brazil's Vale evacuates 500 people from dam area in preventive measure
- Kumaraswamy promises new industrial policy with focus on backward areas