Mother, son drown while rescuing dog in Sikar
A minor boy and his mother have drowned in an anicut at Jhinthla village under Neem Ka Thana Police Station limits here, officials said. The incident occurred on Friday evening when seven-year-old Ravindra's dog fell into the water body. "Ravindra jumped in, seeing this his mother Geeta Devi, 35, also went in.
Both mother and son drowned," police said. When they did not return home, the woman's husband Ramsharan and other relatives started looking for them. On Saturday morning, their bodies were fished out. Post-mortem was conducted and the bodies have been handed over to family members.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Northeast political parties, students' bodies intensify campaign against Citizenship Bill in Delhi
- Two bodies found during cleanup efforts after catastrophic flooding in Australia
- UPDATE 1-Soccer-UK Sports Minister calls in football bodies over racism
- Industry bodies hails Bengal Budget as to empower common people, steer towards growth
- 3 women, teenage girl together jump in canal; 3 bodies found