Fire breaks out at railway signal cable store in DhanbadPTI | Dhanbad | Updated: 05-03-2021 18:37 IST | Created: 05-03-2021 18:37 IST
A fire broke out at a signal cable store of East Central Railway's Dhanbad Division here on Friday, an official said.
It took five hours for as many fire tenders to bring the blaze under control.
There was no casualty in the incident, the official said.
A short circuit may have caused the blaze, he said.
GRP deputy superintendent of police Shajid Khan told reporters that it was spotted around noon and started spreading before fire tenders reached the spot.
The residence of railway superintendent of police, which was close to the spot, was evacuated by RPF and GRP personnel.
Though the post of the railway superintendent of police is vacant since last year, cars and other goods were removed from the premises.
''The exact damage will be known only after assessment by officials of the division,'' said the GRP DSP.
PTI COR MM MM
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)