ICICI Bank, Small Business FinCredit join hands to provide loans to MSMEs
The partnership has been forged under the aegis of RBI's circular dated September 21, 2018, that permits banks to engage with a non-banking financial company (NBFC) to co-originate loans for the creation of priority sector assets, the bank said.
Under this arrangement, ICICI Bank will co-originate loan against property with SBFC at a mutually agreed ratio. The flow of funds from ICICI Bank will help customers aid their businesses in a seamless manner.
"This is a first of its kind lending arrangement... With this initiative, we aim to support the entrepreneurial aspirations of customers who can contribute to the infrastructure growth story of the country," said Ravi Narayanan, Head - Secured Assets, ICICI Bank.
Aseem Dhru, MD and CEO, SBFC said, this combines the balance sheet strength and superior credit screening experience of the bank with our ability to reach out to the underserved businesses across the country's smaller towns.
"Through this, we will enable credit delivery to the micro-enterprises using technology, reach and deliver credit at the right price point that replaces market borrowings or trade credit and improve the cash flows of these businesses." PTI KPM ANS
- Samunnati becomes first agriculture NBFC to raise five offshore debt investment
- Harmonisation of NBFCs to continue with RBI set to offer fresh directives
- NBFC crisis takes toll on corporate bond issuance due to higher borrowing costs
- KKR's NBFC arm invests Rs 725 cr in Embassy Group's Bengaluru project
- Finance secretary says loans worth Rs 20,900 cr sanctioned in outreach initiative for MSMEs