Not passing Citizenship Bill 'defeat' for Assam: Sarma
"It is a defeat for Assam. My party and I extended full support to the Bill. We do not have majority in the Rajya Sabha, so the Bill could not be passed. Bangladeshi Muslims will occupy 17 constituencies of Lower and Central Assam now. The people of Assam will lose their culture and language," said Sarma.
- Over 23,000 people flee to Al Hol camp, since fighting escalate in Hajin in Dec
- Russia seizes Japanese boat with 10 people on board: Official
- Reuters People News Summary
- Naidu slams BJP govt over budget; claims it has disappointed people
- US detaining 129 Indian students sparks debate; eminent people, media raise questions